Things to Consider when Selecting a Scissor Lift
Matching the right Scissor Lift to the project is not only a matter of logistics but also efficiency and safety. There are several considerations that should be considered when finding the right Scissor Lift for the job:
- Will the Lift be used indoors or outdoors?
- What type of Terrain will the Scissor Lift be operated?
- What are the minimum and maximum working heights it will need to reach?
- How heavy of a load will it need to lift?
- What is the clearance in the aisles, doorways, or other work spaces where the lift will be operated?
Understand the working height. Know how high the lift can safely raise the platform and remain stable. Since manufacturers make lifts in different heights, make sure you know what your requirements are.
Know and understand what exactly you need to lift. It’s not only the platform and workers. You may need to lift materials and heavy tools as well. Also make sure that all materials, including the operator, meet lift capacities.
Electrically driven and diesel-powered lifts exist. The electric type offers quieter operation and extended battery life. However, it sacrifices a bit in power. This type is good for working indoors. Diesel-powered lifts are more powerful, but they carry fuel emissions and are louder. They’re better suited for working with heavy loads outdoors.